Children are the future of a nation. For an emerging country like India, development of underprivileged children holds the key to the progress of the nation itself, and their education is the corner stone of this progress. But education for children cannot be achieved without ensuring the welfare of the family – a child can go to school regularly only when the family, particularly the mother is healthy and empowered; the family has decent livelihood opportunities and a steady income.
Realizing this, Janseva Foundation, beginning in the corridors of education, has adopted a approach with intensive programmes focused on Child rights health, livelihood and community engagement through women empowerment, which addresses the needs of less privileged children, their families and the larger community. This is to make them better citizen.
Digital Education Guarantee Card is the program which provides basic education to the migrants children in the rural areas.
We at Janseva pratisthan believe that where we are addressing the health care, community building, Livelihood, Governance, there no better way to start to with the basic education of the child.
1. ASHA Project
Digital Education Guarantee Card for Migrant Children” for Migrant Children of Sugarcane cutters in Pune and Satara District.
2. Child Protection and Child Rights Project
Child Protection in Context of Exclusion of Yavatmal district of 6 blocks of Yavatmal district i.e. Ghatanji, Maregaon, ZariJamni, Pandharkawada, Pusad and Umarkhed for Working on CP systems in four blocks capacitated for child protection and prevention of child marriages in all villages in these blocks with the support of Child Protection structure.
Working on Child Marriage, Child Labour and Child Abuse. Ashram shalas in four blocks modeled as child friendly ashram shalas.
3. Janseva Junior Collage Umari Tq. Kelapur District Yavatmal
4. Improving Learning Outcomes in Primary Schools and Facilitating Skill Development of Youth in Yavatmal Block.
5. Effective Implementation of Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act in Pomburna Block of Chandrapur, Maharashtra
Janseva has launched some health care initiatives programs in the Rural areas of Maharashtra. These programs majorly focus on health, social, psycho social and economic need of the community. we are directly engage with communities for holistic approach for improving their health, social and economic well being
1. “Elderly Care, Wellness and Engagement Program” in Chandrapur District Facilitation of the implementation of National Program for the Health Care of the Elderly, A Pilot Program in Chandrapur district (in Collaboration with State Public Health Department of Maharashtra)
2. “Elderly Care, Wellness and Engagement Program” in Chandrapur District APPI
3. JAAROGYA ABHIYAN SURVEY in ten villages of Wardha and Deoli block of Wardha district.
4. Janseva has been working with DMIMS for Unnat Bharat Abhiyan Survey in Wardha district.
5. COHORT SURVEY in Datta Meghe institute of Medical sciences (DMIMS) Sawangi (Meghe) in 32884 Families in 82 Villages of Wardha District.
6. Govt.:- Swachh Bharat Mission evaluation (ODF) in Pune, Satara, Amaravati, Buldhana District.
7. Organized Health Camp with Support of DMIMS and MGIMS
8. Water Sanitation and Hygiene Education, Rural Sanitation Program and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
9. National Drinking water Evaluation.
10. COVID 19 Pandemic Response
In the wake of COVID 19 pandemic, amidst the mandatory lockdown and restrictions, Janseva team continuously strives to help the elderlies in the communities. Elders have been reached through outbound calls by Janseva team. Elders without phone were visited by volunteers, public health staff.
More than 22,000+ elders were reached and 8,000+ helped with medicines, grocery, and pension at their doorstep.
Total 22489 elderlies have been contacted via calls or through volunteers and intermittent field visits during May-Dec 2020.
Total 4297 follow ups were taken up for the counselling and assisting the elderly to continue the routine treatment and medications.
• Study of Gram Panchayat Functionaries in selected GPs of Bhandara and Gadchiroli District of Vidarbha villages thorugh IRMA, Ahamdabad
• Nirmala Niketan :- Evaluation of the work done by the government scheme in the Mangurda village that the Governor had adopted.
• Creative involvement of women in development process
The main aim of the janseva to develop the capacities of the communities to change their environment.
We at Janseva works with women, child, youth, elderly through various projects of education, health and livelihood.
• Water Soil and Conservation Project
• Micro Planning for watershed development of Hariyali project implemented by government of Maharashtra
• Village Development Plan – bringing Sustainable Community Development Mul, Pombhurna and Jivati in Chandrapur District.
• Sustainable agriculture development and allied agriculture business.
• SHG formation and Microfinance
• Implementation of Various Government training program-PTO, BRGF and livelihood.